Bellwoods Brewery is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and detail oriented Accounting Clerk who will focus on assisting the Accounting Manager with all financial related tasks, including AP, AR, inventory management and monthly reporting. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with our accounting team, learn about the various aspects of accounting and grow with our fast-paced organization.
- Assisting with monthly accounts payable and receivable cycles, including processing invoices, payments, and reconciling statements.
- Assist with proper recording of daily transactions throughout the month and in the preparation of the month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Regularly contact customers by phone and email to secure timely payment while maintaining good customer relations and a positive company image.
- Participate in month-end closing procedures, including preparing and posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, and generating financial statements.
- Assist with Cost of Sales and Gross Margin reporting.
- Working on special projects as assigned, which may include tasks related to formalizing internal controls, or financial reporting.
- Providing general administrative support for the accounting department, including organizing and maintaining records, filing, and other general tasks.
- Assist with other special projects duties and report preparation as assigned by the Accounting Manager in the normal course of operations
- Generate, receive and maintain confidential and sensitive files, information and reports and ensure security of files.
- 2+ years of accounting experience with previous exposure to A/P, A/R and bank reconciliations.
- Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with all internal and external partners.
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Able to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Well-organized and have strong time management skills to be able to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience with QuickBooks Online preferred; able to adapt and learn new software.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and eager individual to gain valuable experience in accounting while working in a dynamic and supportive team environment.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before February 16, 2024.
Bellwoods Brewery is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our Toronto-based team. The ideal person for this role is a detail-oriented, results-driven, positive team player who is passionate about financial numbers, strives for efficient processes, and has a strong client-service mentality.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for all financial aspects of Bellwoods; most importantly working closely with the ownership, leadership, and accounting teams, as well as external accountants to forecast, track and analyze the company’s financial performance. This includes managing the monthly and annual financial results and cash flow forecast, providing weekly and monthly reports to managers and owners, developing and maintaining an internal control environment and overseeing day-to-day financial operations.
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Effectively manage and take ownership of daily financial activities involving multiple lines of business of the organization, including reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Deliver and communicate accurate and timely monthly and year-end financial statements to ownership and leadership teams, including an explanation of variances
- Oversee financial systems and data management
- Manage the A/R, A/P and payroll cycles
- Maintain a strong internal control environment including risk management, to optimize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Work with accounting and operations teams to ensure inventory counts, valuation and turnover analysis are completed on time while any discrepancies or inefficiencies are identified, recorded and minimized for future counts
- Review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely adjustment of any unreconciled or unsupported balances
- Work with accounting team to reconcile monthly bank, receivables and credit card statements and advise on any discrepancies
- Liaise with external accountants for year-end review and tax reporting
- Ensure all government and other regulatory requirements are filed adequately and on time
- Financial Leadership
- Lead the annual financial budget and cash flow forecasting processes
- Work with leadership team to monitor and update forecasts based on performance
- Engage with managers during monthly, quarterly and annual strategic planning meetings
- Identify and communicate concerns, potential issues, and provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making and drive financial performance
- Analyze and report on manufacturing or operational costs, including direct, indirect, fixed, and variable costs
- Collaborate with operational and supply chain teams to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Make recommendations to improve the financial viability of various parts of the business based on analyses
- Completed Post Secondary Education in Accounting with a CPA designation is preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, with 2+ years in a team leadership role as a Sr. Accountant or other similar position
- Related regulatory industry experience within breweries or food and beverage manufacturing is preferred
- Expertise of QuickBooks Online, other industry specific software applications such as EKOS and point of sale systems (POS), and willing to rapidly learn any additional software programs as needed
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Google Docs/Sheets, and Excel
- Sound understanding of accounting theory and application of GAAP
- Excellent cash flow & financial forecasting skills
- Financing and working knowledge of how various financial instruments impact the business
- With few layers of hierarchy, the ability to comfortably communicate directly with the Ownership and Leadership teams, as well as other stakeholders and team members is essential
- Healthy conflict resolution skills
- Financial & Management Accounting acumen
- Passionate about process improvement and eager to deliver tangible improvements measured through KPIs
- Analytical skills related to a food and beverage manufacturing and marketing environment
- Proven self starter with a proactive and practical approach
- Articulate written and verbal communication with adept analytical skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Highly coordinated organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- An independent critical thinker who displays precise attention to detail
- Adaptable to change
- Ability to think outside the box
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet these requirements please submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on February 21, 2024.
At Bellwoods Brewery we are invested in creating a work atmosphere where diversity and inclusion are prioritized. We strive to make our staff feel understood, respected, and supported -- and we believe that every industry benefits from a commitment to these values. We encourage job applications from diverse communities, those with intersectional identities, and do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status.If you require accommodation or have accessibility needs, please indicate this in your application, and we will ensure that arrangements are made.